Sunday, November 13, 2011

Peppers




I saw Jacque's peppers on FB this morning, and I was reminded of our dinner last evening with a friend.
I took a picture of all the veggies because they were such pretty colors. Jacque grew her peppers, but we had to buy ours at the store. I am a firm believer in roasted potatoes and veggies. I used sweet potatoes, small red new potatoes, green beans, red onion, and red and green peppers. I put them in a zip lock with a little olive oil and my favorite herbs and shook them around. Lay out on a cookie sheet in a single layer (very important, so they crisp), roast for about 30 minutes at 450 degrees. My hubby grilled some steaks, and that was it. Yum! There were a few peppers left over, and I will take Jacque's suggestion and make a pepper and cheese sandwich on the whole wheat bread. Looked wonderful.

No comments: