Monday, September 27, 2010

Thrifty Buy

I am so excited about my purchase yesterday at the church festival. They had one booth of  hand crafted/pre used items. I enjoy making jewelry, so I am always on the lookout for something unusual. There it was in a little blue box staring right at me, with a $2 price tag; how could I resist ! When I find something like this, I usually end up just wearing it, instead of using it in jewelry making. I bought a choker  recently ( . 50)  thinking I would take it apart and use the beads, but instead I wear the necklace as is. :>)
The festival was great and the weather perfect. No rain, a slight breeze and in the 70s, beautiful !
I had a cheese burger for $1 (unheard of), and a very generous cup of home made ice cream for $1. 
We did not win the new Ford truck they were raffling, but maybe next year.

No comments: