Friday, September 24, 2010

Brownies and Zoomers

The painting of the brownies was quite different for me. I think I was influenced by Jean Townsend's blog where she has a new painting each day.She did a lot of fruits, vegetables, and cupcakes. I felt like the brownies needed a mate since it was a small 8x8, so I went to my fridge and all I had was some oranges and a lemon. I laid them on a blue and white napkin, and this is what resulted. It kinda goes with the brownie picture, but it would have been better if the oranges were apples, because of the red. Maybe I will have to do a third picture with something red in it.
I had another fun project the other day. I had to paint the word Zoomers (a social club) on 12 wine glasses, 4 mugs and 4 cordials. They are to be door prizes. I washed the glasses, wiped them with alcohol so the paint would adhere, painted the word with enamel for glass, let them dry 48 hours, and then baked them for 30 minutes. That way the paint won't come off in the dish washer. The client was very happy, and I wish I would have taken a picture of one to show you. In my blogging class it said, never pass up a chance like that; I'm still learning.

No comments: