Friday, January 3, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Just reflecting on 2013, and thinking about what I would like to see, and do, create, and accomplish, in 2014.  It is always good to have a plan, even though I may not stick to it entirely. I also think it is important to remain "open" to what can happen, perhaps something I may not have even imagined!
This past year, creatively, was spent making a special effort to use the supplies that I had on hand. The jewelry I made is a combination of found objects, some given to me by friends, a few special purchased supplies, all re-purposed to make a new necklace, pendant, or earrings. I learned a lot about "cold connections", chemically bonded connections, and a little more about my Dremel tool.
My challenge to myself was to get my jewelry "out there". It is a bit hard for me to sell myself, but I am proud to day that my jewelry is now for sale in a boutique, an art gallery, and a co-op, at Gallery Off the Square. That gives me incentive to make more beautiful pieces.
On a personal note, I think it is very important to give back; that has been a big priority in 2013, and will be again in 2014. There are many ways, both big and small to help out.
The mediation, marinating, dreaming, continues as I reflect on the coming months.

No comments: