Friday, November 26, 2010

Tradition

These cranberry turkeys have been a family tradition for many years. When I was young Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce gave away a turkey and a tree, cranberry cutter, when you purchased the sauce. You slide the cranberry sauce out of the can and slice it, then use the cutter to make turkeys or trees. My children all like the tradition, and now the grandchildren are in on it. We have 4 children, so I e-mailed Ocean Spray to see if I could get more turkey cutters (they just fit the size of the tin, so a cookie cutter won't do.) I suggested that they revive the offer from many years ago. They did not get excited about the idea like I thought they might, so I'm not sure who will end up with the turkey cutter when I am gone. It gives me something to look for when I go to the antique stores; It's fun to look for something special. Any suggestions on getting more cutters??

No comments: