Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

This was a great Easter with family.
My Mother went to Heaven last May, but I made her
favorite Vanilla Rolled cookies for some of the grand kids.
I don't bake too often any more, but this was a special occasion.
Grandma's Vanilla Rolled Cookies
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar 
2 well beaten eggs
Mix well.
Add 3 1/2 cups sifted flour 
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla.
Mix until well blended.
Chill dough 3-4 hours before rolling out.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Roll the dough on a floured surface. Cut cookies with a cookie cutter.
Bake 6-8 minutes, or until barely colored.
Can be frosted or eaten plain.
The icing keeps them soft.
Store in an airtight container.
I did not have an egg shaped cookie cutter, so I used a soft plastic glass
and squeezed it slightly to make the right shape.

No comments: