Thursday, January 24, 2013

Asian Art

Since I forgot my cord to transfer photos to the computer, I thought I would post some of my favorite Asian art. Sometimes I wonder if I had a previous life in the Orient; I love everthing about Asian art.
This  piece is a 12X12 wood panel collaged first with varies papers, then painted with several layers of acrylic, rubbing some for antique effect. Finally a circle, ( a symbol of Peace and Unity, to me) was applied with a heavy gel medium. It was then rubbed with gold to help it stand out. I also used a hand carved stamp to the left of the circle. I invited others to place theire finger on the circle and slowly move it around the circle, which proved to be a great stress reliever. My granddaughter loved the piece, so I gave it to her. It makes me feel good to know that she has something special to help out, especially if I'm not around to give a comforting word.

No comments: