Saturday, September 8, 2012


I have been wanting to try a mono-print with acrylics.
First I chose some colors that I thought would look well together.
I used gessoed  watercolor paper and painted a background, then
used plexi glass to make my prints. The paint was put on the plexi with an old credit card instead of a brush
to give it a more organic feel, letting each color dry in between prints. The paint was rather thick.

It needed some "punch", so first I cut pieces of black paper to place where I thought they should go, and then I used a lid, a cork, and a little cup to print the black acrylic.
Not perfect, but a good try, I thought. Hopefully the pictures will come out in order.

No comments: