Thursday, April 19, 2012

Wisdom Circles




I have always loved Mandalas because they are not only beautiful to look at, but they usually have some
meaning behind them. When I saw the mini class on Wisdom Circles as part of the DirtyFootprintsStudio Series, I jumped on the chance to see what they had to say. The class is given by Dion Dior, as part of The" 21 Secrets" online workshop. My mandalas do not have any special meaning; only that I'm relaxing into the process of repetitive movements and choosing colors intuitively. No rhyme or reason to any of it; just making a thing of beauty. I am using watercolor paper so I can color them with paint if I feel so inclined. The ones here have been colored with Copics and Staedtler graphic pens. The pens are easier of course, but watercolor would be nice for some of the larger areas.
I guess if I wanted to add a meaning to these, it would have to be "peace" and "harmony".

No comments: