Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What's on you desk today?


On Wednesday everyone over at The Stamping Ground wants to know what is on the desk.
Well, I still have my collage on my desk, however I have added a little more to them.
I have adding layers of gel medium so they will get kinda misty, and perhaps look like they are partially under the sea. I know encaustic wax would serve this purpose, but I don't want to deal with that today, so I am trying gel medium. I read where mermaids often lure the mortal men by chanting to them; thus the music in the background.
I still have to add some dark in the right places.  Also going to make, or find a hibiscus to put behind her ear;  a mermaid's favorite flower. This has been a fun experience; I'm always up for a challenge. Next week I will post the completed pieces before I hang them in the Salado show. Be sure to check out what others are doing here. I'm going to.

No comments: