Friday, August 5, 2011

Showing my age





Age is only a number, right?
I feel very young, and my mind is still sharp!
I was remembering the decorative painting class I took while we lived in St. Louis, MO.
That was in the early 1970's, and my teacher, Gerry Klein had her own shop.
This was an unfinished wooden barn, that I painted on all sides, and put a handle on it for a purse.
That is also back when they were using men's lunch pails for purses. I happen to have one of those too. :>)
The barn purse has been used for many things over the years, and now it is on our front porch, as a holder of napkins, or whatever we want to keep safe. I am pleasantly surprised that the finish has held up after all these years, and there are still a few farms out there.
My hubby and I love antiques, and this almost qualifies.

No comments: