Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Maybe next time

A friend ask me today about the calendar challenge I had talked about here on the blog on Jan 6th.I know now that my art was not one of the ones chosen to be considered for the 2012 calendar, so I guess I can show my entry. I like it, but I guess it wasn't right for their purposes. I used a syringe filled with masking fluid to draw the houses and then used watercolor inside the lines. I love the look, but you have to realize that you can't get it perfect using masking fluid; it comes out in blobs when you least expect it, and you can't just wipe it off!! It is a fun process though.
I have a 2011 calendar from Cloth, Paper, Scissors, and I enjoy the colorful art pieces each month. Challenges are a good way to do something a little different; they usually have a deadline, and have certain rules that you must follow. It is a good discipline for me. 

No comments: