Thursday, August 12, 2010

Zentangle

If you have never heard of "zentangle", you must head over to their web page, zentangle.com; when you are finished here, of course. My sister introduced me to it after she saw it at an art retreat. Anyway, it appealed to me right off the bat, probably because I love to use curves in my art, and I love the calligraphy hand called Copperplate, which consist of beautiful curves and flourishes. I have been teaching myself zentangle after reading the newsletters, and ordering a "zentangle kit". I would love to attend one of their classes near Boston, however it is sooo far from Texas!! Maybe someday...
Yesterday, I spent the afternoon at the new Artisans Gallery in Taylor, Texas. I took my latest zentangle creation along to show the ladies there, and they loved it! I did not have any particular thing in mind when I started this, however, now I think it looks like a jester's shoe. Some thought butterfly, some thought a bat! I would like to hear what some of you think it looks like???

No comments: