Monday, March 21, 2011

Journal



 Saw this journal folder in Cloth, Paper,Scissors last evening. I don't know what got into me, but I just had to try to make one.. The sewing machine has been in the back of the closet for years, but this project is just what I needed, to see if I liked sewing on paper! I did like it, so will probably be doing some more. The article was written by Heidi Sekovski and Karin Winter, and I basically followed their directions, using some scrapbook papers that I had in my stash. Next time I will probably make my own collage papers, but was anxious to get started sewing. There is actually a lot more to this project. The pages need to be decorated, as well as some cards made, to slip in the pockets. You will probably see it again when I get further along. It will be used to journal a special event in my life.

No comments: